Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Please stop me

yesterday i dropped the Suzi off at Camrod Motorsports on 48th and 11th ave. i have never been there for anything other than an inspection before but i am working on 57th and 10th so i figured that i would drop it close to the office and get a quick tune up. I haven't had the chance to tune it up myself (and i dont know how to do a tune up) since i bought it and wanted to get it back to factory spec's before i start messing it up.

I am doing this partially because i dont know how to do it, and mostly because i dont know how the bike is supposed to feel when it is correct. so this will be a good way to find out how it is supposed to be. i will report back on their service once i get the bike back, but they told me that if i brought it in in the morning it would be done in the afternoon. not bad. it is raining today so ill let them hold on to the bike till tomorrow, but i will say this they seem kind of pricey. $250 for a tune up on a single cylinder bike is a bit expensive. but maybe they will do a really good job.

oh and there are more things coming on the horizon. my buddy got me interested in the Pine Barrens 500. ( http://www.pinebarrens500.org/ ) and now i am doing that next month. what does this mean? it means that i am not selling my old 21" front wheel and it also means that i am on the hunt for a new rear tire. i think the stock front tire is fine for the ride but the rear def needs to be replaced before i do the run so i am back on the hunt for a rear tire. i have some leads and it looks like it will be a Dunlop 606. i keep hearing good things about them so i will give it a try. i found one for 73.99 online and am trying to see if Jeff form Procycle will match that price.

speaking of which, jeff sent me an email telling me that my front wheel and rear tire shipped out yesterday, and that i should have them both by friday. I also ordered a new pair of Puma Desmo boots which should be here on friday too. and my rear brake light shoould be here by then too.
like i said i have a problem.

please stop me.

please

No comments: